Time to see how I did against the goals I set for myself last year. (Results are in bold italics.)
- WAR OF MAGIC: Complete first draft, revisions, get critiques, revise again, polish, and publish. Done.
- Revise the already-published “Becoming Lioness” and publish the new edition. Pull together the tie-in short stories, “Hunter and Huntress” and “The Seeker”. Put them through the same revision process. Nope.
- Publish a boxed set of the DUAL MAGICS series. Done, though I only included the first three books and one short story, “Modgud Gold”.
- MAGE STORM: Rewrite this as an epic fantasy. Same revision process as above. Try to publish in 2016 or early 2017. MAGE STORM ended up being pushed back in favor of BECOME.
- BECOME: TO CATCH THE LIGHTNING: Get a first draft done. Still working on the first draft.
- Planning, world-building, etc. for some of the other stories on my back burner: Some planning, but no other progress.
- Another story in the same world as DAUGHTER OF THE DISGRACED KING.
- A set of fairy-tale retellings I’ve been playing with.
- The prequels to the DUAL MAGICS series that explain how the world got that way.
- The sequels to MAGE STORM.
- My Weird Oz story.
- The last novel in the Chimeria series.
- I would dearly love to be able to get to a writers’ conference somewhere in there, but that will depend on both time and finances. Nope.
In summary, the most important goal was met. But it took longer than I’d hoped and basically pushed all the other goals back a bit. Still progress. I’ll take it.