THE BARD’S GIFT is out in the world.
Meanwhile, I’ve started looking ahead to my 2014 projects. Actually, it’s probably wildly optimistic to call all of these 2014 projects. I don’t think there’s any chance that I’ll get to all of them this year. But here’s what’s on my list:
- MAGE STORM (middle grade fantasy or adventure fantasy) is in the query process.
- MAGIC AND POWER (young adult fantasy romance) is what I’m working on right now. It’s getting a heavy revision/partial rewrite to incorporate some more elements and more conflict. It’ll be much better on the other side. I’m getting close to half-way through.
- UNTITLED (young adult fantasy romance) will be a sequel to MAGIC AND POWER, sort of. It will take place in the same world, but the main characters of M&P will only be supporting characters in this one. (It’s possible that MAGIC AND POWER will become the series title and M&P will be renamed DESERT ROSE.)
- THE SHAMAN’S CURSE (epic fantasy or sword and sorcery) has just been turned over to beta readers.
- THE IGNORED PROPHECY (sequel to THE SHAMAN’S CURSE) is in the queue. Like TSC, I wrote a draft of this a few years ago, but it needs a complete rewrite, just like TSC did.)
- DREAMER’S ROSE (young adult fantasy) is probably next up. It’s a partial rewrite of another old story, but the other part will be brand new. I’m going to have some real challenges figuring out how to weave the three character arcs together. It’ll be interesting.
- WEIRD OZ is still on the list. It’s just not quite ripe. I need to do a little more development before I restart on this one.
More distantly, I have :
- An idea for a retelling of the Little Furball fairytale.
- An idea for a retelling of the Welsh story Culhwch an Olwen (a less well-known part of the King Arthur cycle)
- My secret history idea, which needs a lot more development.
- And a bright, shiny new idea that came to me a few days ago.
Yeah, I think I can keep busy for the foreseeable future.